JavaFX

I am learning JavaFX, which is intended to replace Java SWING as the standard GUI library.  

The new Java 8 SDK includes the Java Running Environment (JRE) plus tools to develop, develop, and monitor Java application.  The SDK is  available at Oracle's Java SE download site.    The SDK includes JavaFX in its distribution.   Well, I downloaded the new Java SE 8 package, which has JavaFX included!  I am done for this part.

I am excited to try the new features of JavaFX due to the painful experiences of using SWING to build GUIs.   According to Oracle's JavaFX documentation, there are quite a few key features available from JavaFX including Java API, scene builder, web view, SWING interoperability, self-contained application deployment model, etc.  I will try the features during this spring.  

To facilitate building JavaFX projects, I'd like to extend the JavaFX plug-in to my favorite Eclipse IDE.  I am using Eclipse Luna this time.  To support building JavaFX projects, I choose to download and install e(fx)clipse.

I am ready for my JavaFX journey!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Google Interview Questions

Convert LaTeX to HTML

Art of Software Development