Convert LaTeX to HTML

Today I spent quite lots of time to figure out how to convert LaTeX source files to HTML documents. I was trying to install latex2html using fink. The installation of tetex-base failed quite a few times. Eventually I got latex2html installed using fink. Unfortunately, the conversion from my tex files to HTML documents again failed to read document parts. I finally gave up and remove my fink installations from my computer.

I then did a few minute google search to use htlatex from TeXShop since I have TeXShop installed in my Macbook. What I did is copy the file htlatex.engine from
 /Applications/Tex/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/TeX4ht/

into folder

/Users//Library/TeXShop/Engines/

Then, I am able to compile my tex files using htlatex in TeXShop. It works perfect!


Comments

SWJ said…
Hi,

I tried to do the same thing but Texshop keeps producing a pdf in the Preview - any ideas?!

Thanks very much.

Simon.

Popular posts from this blog

25 Google Interview Questions

Art of Software Development